Join our Yard Team
Please see our current vacancies below:
- Part Time Riding Instructor Required
- Full Time Receptionist / Equine Groom Required
- Equine Diploma / Apprenticeship
Become a Helper / Volunteer / Trainee
Applicants must be a minimum of 10 years old to become a helper / volunteer / trainee. Training and guidance will be provided as required.
To become a helper and join our team
You will need to meet our requirements as stated below
- You must have passed Level 2 on our Stable Management program or have relevant experience
- All applicants below 16 years of age must obtain a work permit from the Local Authority
- Pass our informal trainee exam
- Pass a supervised trial period
- You must be a member of the Pony Club or BHS
- Both the Applicants and Parents must read and sign a declaration agreeing to abide by the rules of the yard.
If you are interested or require our assistance please contact us either:
- Via e-mail: email@example.com
- Via post: Glen Jakes Riding School, Offerton, Stockport, SK2 5JE
Do you want to train to become a Helper?
We offer training and courses which complement our stable management program enabling you to meet the requirements to become a helper.
We offer training via Groups in all School Holidays booked either as a daily or weekly arrangement. These are a full days where you will learn while having fun, which will help you to reach your goals and obtain our requirements. (Look out at our events page for the next available dates)
If you prefer to take a faster pace then our intense hourly sessions may be a preferred option (either one to one or as a small group)
Available: Day / Evening / Weekend
Please see our courses page for more information. You can view a summary of our stable management syllabus online or request to see a full copy via our reception.